Kyoto Sangyo University grants undergraduate and graduate degrees to students who demonstrate the following attributes.
- Broad and rich knowledge of people, culture, society and nature
- Systematic knowledge of specialized areas in the humanities, social sciences or natural sciences
- Knowledge from interdisciplinary fields
- Fundamental knowledge for engaging in work as an adult member of society
- Skills in basic academic methods
- Logical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to propose solutions
- Ability to innovate
- Ability to articulate ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively in international settings
Attitude and Outlook
- A deep understanding of Japanese culture
- A spirit for contributing to peace and the well-being of humanity
- Ability to think and act proactively
- An ethical attitude
- A volition to perform social responsibilities
- Respect and love for life
The curricula at Kyoto Sangyo University provide students with the following opportunities.
- To acquire a broad and rich knowledge of people, culture, society and nature.
- To learn systematically about specialized areas.
- To learn about interdisciplinary fields beyond their specialized areas of study.
- To learn fundamental knowledge for engaging in work as an adult member of society.
- To acquire basic academic methods.
- To develop their ability to think logically and to make decisions.
- To develop their ability to propose solutions.
- To foster their creativity.
- To acquire an ability to articulate ideas.
- To acquire effective international communication skills.
Attitude and Outlook
- To deepen their understanding of Japanese culture.
- To develop a spirit for contributing to peace and the well-being of humanity.
- To develop their ability to think and act proactively.
- To acquire an ethical attitude.
- To develop their volition to perform social responsibilities.
- To develop a respect and love for life.
Kyoto Sangyo University seeks students with the following attributes.
- Basic academic ability necessary for learning in the University
- Basic ability to think logically and make decisions
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with other people
- An interest in phenomena and ideas about people, culture, society and nature
- Volition and an inquiring mind to engage proactively with problems
- Excellent skills and abilities in specialized fields of knowledge or sports
- A diverse cultural background