Professor Susumu Shimomura
|Area and Subject Taught||Condensed Matter Physics|
|Research Theme(s)||Research on Structual Properties of Condensed Matter using X-ray Scattering Techniques|
|Academic Degrees||Doctor of Engineering, University of Tsukuba|
|Keywords for Research Field||Condensed Matter Physics, Crystallography, Phase Transitions, X-ray Diffraction, X-ray Diffuse Scattering|
|Office Phone Number||Not Public|
Physical properties of material are dependent on constituent atoms and crystal structure. They vary depending on external conditions, such as temperature and pressure. Our main aim is to demonstrate relationships between crystal structures and physical properties. Structure and dynamics are studied by means of x-ray diffraction, diffuse scattering, inelastic scattering, and magnetic scattering. We measure physical properties at low- and high-temperature, in magnetic fields, and under hydrostatic pressure to examine characteristics of material and to explore new phenomena.
Notable Publications and Works in the Last Three Years
- Shin Nakamura, Takaya Mitsui, Kosuke Fujiwara, Naoshi Ikeda, Masayuki Kurokuzu, and Susumu Shimomura, "Crystal-Site-Selective Spectrum of Fe3BO6 by Synchrotron Mössbauer Diffraction with Pure Nuclear Bragg Scattering" J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 86, 084701-1-5, 2017.
- Shin Nakamura, Takaya Mitsui, Kosuke Fujiwara, Naoshi Ikeda, Masayuki Kurokuzu, and Susumu Shimomura, "Crystal-Site-Selective Spectrum of Fe3O4 Obtained by Mössbauer Diffraction" J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 86, 023706-1-4, 2017.
- N. Hanasaki, S. Shimomura, K. Mikami, Y. Nogami, H. Nakao, and H. Onodera, "Interplay between charge density wave and antiferromagnetic order in GdNiC2" Phys. Rev. B 95, 085103-1-5, 2017.
- Shin Nakamura, Takaya Mitsui, Kosuke Fujiwara, Naoshi Ikeda, Yasuhiro Kobayashi, Susumu Shimomura, "Development of Mössbauer diffractometer by using nuclear resonant scattering at SPring-8 BL11XU" Hyperfine Interact. 237, 157, 2016.
- Y. Ohmasa, S. Shimomura, and A. Chiba, "Double Bragg scattering observed in small-angle X-ray scattering from highly oriented pyrolytic graphite" J. Appl. Cryst. 49, 835-844, 2016.
- S. Shimomura, C. Hayashi, N. Hanasaki, K. Ohnuma, Y. Kobayashi, H. Nakao, M. Mizumaki, and H. Onodera, "Multiple charge density wave transitions in the antiferromagnets RNiC2 (R = Gd, Tb)" Phys. Rev. B 93, 165108-1-11, 2016.