Professor Keiko Zaima
|Area and Subject Taught||Environmental Management|
|Research Theme(s)||Theoretical and Empirical Researches on the Formation of an Environmentally Conscious Society|
|Academic Degrees||Doctor of Economics, Kyoto University
Doctor of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
|Keywords for Research Field||Environmental Management, Environmental Communication, Environmental Policy, Agent-Based Modeling, Environmental Information System|
|Office Phone Number||Not Public|
- The purpose of corporate environmental communications is twofold: to improve the company's internal organizational capability, and to enhance the company's brand in the marketplace. The purpose of my research is to test the current status of these two expected roles in corporate environmental communications and to suggest effective designs for environmental communications based on those findings. For the former, I am conducting interviews and surveys with company members and stakeholders. To investigate the latter, I focus on simulation analysis using agentbased models.
- Agent-based modeling is an analytical method that applies engineering techniques from the world of artificial intelligence to design an artificial model of society and perform simulation analysis of that design. In my research, I analyze mechanisms for promoting the diffusion of environmentally conscious practices.
- Through interviews and questionnaire surveys with SMEs in manufacturing fields, I analyze effective ways of promoting environmental management of SMEs.
- Recent research theme is to develop a new methodology of the environmental information system for the Internet of Everything (IoE).
Notable Publications and Works
- “Green Management: Environmental-Financial Performance Nexus and Dimensions of Innovation”, in Japan Forum of Business and Society (ed.) Sustainability and Strategy, pp.118-135, 2015.
- “Conditions to Diffuse Green Management into SMEs and the Role of Knowledge Support: Agent-Based Modeling,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence & Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.17, No.2, pp.252-262, 2013.
- “Effects of Structural and Behavioral Strategies toward the Environmentally Conscious Society: Agent-Based Approach”, in T. Terano, H. Kita, T. Kaneda, K. Arai,H. Deguchi (eds.), Agent-Based Simulation From Modeling Methodologies to Real-World Applications , pp. 233-246, Springer-Verlag Tokyo, 2005.
- “Agent-Based Simulation on the Diffusion of Research and Development for Environmentally Conscious Products", in K. Arai, H. Deguchi, H. Matsui (eds.), Agent-Based Modeling Meets Gaming Simulation , pp.119-138, Springer-Verlag Tokyo, 2005.