Associate Professor Naoe Imura
|Area and Subject Taught||Product Development|
|Research Theme(s)||Design Management, Risk Management|
|Academic Degrees||Doctor of Economics, Kyoto University|
|Keywords for Research Field||Strategic Management,Organizational Theory.|
|Office Phone Number||Not Public|
I am researching in the two major topics:
- International comparison of the risk perceptions and risk attitude. It aims to research cultural and institutional differences between manager's attitudes towards business risks. This research is also a joint research project with Taiwanese, Spanish and the US researchers.
- Competitive advantage in the Scandinavian design industry This research is mainly consisted of case studies of Danish furniture industry. It aims to study the growth of global competitiveness of Danish furniture industry as a design icon of Denmark.
Notable Publications and Works
- “Organizational Factors for Product Quality Risk Management :comparative Studies of Panasonic and Sanyo”,IFSAM2010
- “The Nation-state Influence on the Managerial Practice: Japan and Taiwan”,AJBS 2009
- “Corporate Recovery in Asia: The Characteristics of Japanese and Taiwan”,AJBS 2008