Professor Yukiko Kawai
|Area and Subject Taught||Data Mining|
|Research Theme(s)||Personalization and Web Applications|
|Academic Degrees||Doctor of Engineering, Nara Institute of Science and Technology|
|Keywords for Research Field||Data Engineering|
|Office Phone Number||81-75-705-2958|
My research is personalization, information search, addressing the query of how to find needed information for users from the vast volume on the web, how to ensure understanding of discovered information and supply it as knowledge. Furthermore, I have been developing next generation Web applications that aim to achieve effective search and integration of Web content which is continually increasing. I'm also developing information-fusion technology, which integrates the user modeling and 3D content on the Web, in order to achieve fusion between people and the environment.
Notable Publications and Works in the Last Three Years
- Muhammad Syafiq Mohd Pozi, Yukiko Kawai, Adam Jatowt, Toyokazu Akiyama: Sketching Linguistic Borders: Mobility Analysis on Multilingual Microbloggers, In Proc. of the 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2017), pp.825-826, ACM Press, Perth, Australia, pp. 263-266 (2017).
- Shoko Wakamiya, Hiroshi Kawasaki, Yukiko Kawai, Adam Jatowt, Eiji Aramaki and Toyokazu Akiyama, Lets Not Stare at Smartphones while Walking: Memorable Route Recommendation by Detecting Effective Landmarks, In Proc. Of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2016), ACM Press, pp.39-48, September 2016.
- Emilien Antoine, Adam Jatowt, Shoko Wakamiya, Yukiko Kawai, Toyokazu Akiyama: Portraying Collective Spatial Attention in Twitter, Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2015), ACM Press, Sydney, Australia, pp. 39-48 (2015)
- Adam Jatowt, Emilien Antoine, Yukiko Kawai, Toyokazu Akiyama: Mapping Temporal Horizons, Analysis of Collective Future and Past related Attention in Microblogging, Proceedings of the 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015), ACM Press
- Katsutoshi Minami, Shoko Wakamiya, Noriaki Hata, Yukiko Kawai, Tadahiko Kumamoto, Jianwei Zhang, Yuhki Shiraishi,“Comprehensive Web Search based on Sentiment Features” Proc. of the 2014 IAENG International Conference on Internet Computing and Web Services, , pp. 483-488, 2014 [Best Paper Award]