Professor Ryusuke Yamato
|Area and Subject Taught||English Education Studies|
|Research Theme(s)||Factors Affecting Individual Performance in Language Learning , Learning Strategies and Self-directed Learning|
|Academic Degrees||MA(Lingnistics), Indiana University|
|Keywords for Research Field||Learning Strategies, Motivation, Self-directed Learning, Task|
|Office Phone Number||81-75-705-2949|
My research up until now has been focused on the effects and teaching methods of language learning strategies based on cognitive learning theory. More specifically, in the area of learning strategies, I have been engaged in (1) describing and classifying the strategies used for English study by a wide variety of learners ranging from elementary school to university students; (2) clarifying the relationship between strategies use and other factors such as metacognition, proficiency level and motivation of learners through statistical measures; and (3) developing an instructional model of teaching English incorporating the language learning strategies, drawing on the research described in (1) and (2). In recest years, I have conducted several studies to investigate the varying outcome of speaking and writing tasks under various conditions.
Notable Publications and Works
- 共編著『英語教師のための「学習ストラテジー」ハンドブック』2006 大修館書店
- 共編著『言語学習と学習ストラテジー：自律学習に向けた応用言語学からのアプローチ』2005 リーベル出版
- 「日本人英語学習者の動機づけに関する調査と考察」, 京都産業大学『教職研究紀要』, 第7号, pp. 1-20, 2012
- 論文 Pilot Lessons Integrating Learning Strategy Instruction into English Activities at Primary Schools, 2009. ARELE (Annual Review of English Language Education in Japan). Vol.20, 231-240.
- 論文 A Study on Motivation and Strategy in an EFL Setting. 2002. J ACET Bulletin ,Vol. 35, 1-15.
- 論文 Awareness and Real Use of Reading Strategies. 2000. J ALT Journal , Vol.22,140-165