Professor Mitsuyo Seki
|Area and Subject Taught||Chinese language studies|
|Research Theme(s)||Translation and interpreting theories and their application to Chinese language learning|
|Academic Degrees||Master (linguistic culturology) of Osaka University of Foreign Studies|
|Keywords for Research Field||Chinese language studies, Chinese language education, interpretation/translation|
|Office Phone Number||81-75-705-1648|
In the past, there were few colleges offering practical education concerning interpretation and translation. In recent years, however, many educational tools are being developed and gathering attention from the viewpoint that standard interpretation training such as shadowing and reproduction are highly effective in learning foreign languages. At the same time, there is an increase of colleges providing education that apply interpretation/translation training techniques within the framework of college education for students to gain higher and more practical operational capacity of foreign languages to produce human resources that can compete on a global level.
Then, just what kind of interpretation education should be provided to college students and how can we make it more effective? The research in this field has just begun.
I am researching more effective methods of education from the viewpoint of interpretation education as part of Chinese language education at colleges for each item of subject design such as curriculum, education tools, classroom activities, assessment, etc.
In regards to translation studies, I also have interest in the analysis of the transition in research concerning the westernization of the Chinese language in China and Japan that was notable since around 1920’s and the westernization seen in the translation works of poet Xu Zhimo understood to have often used westernized expressions on a normal basis.
Notable Publications and Works
- July 2018,『京都産業大学総合学術研究所所報』Issue12, p15
- March 2017, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue50, p130
- March 2016, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue49, p201
- December 2015,『中国語学研究 開篇』Issue34, p223
- The Europeanization phenomenon to be seen in translation works by Zhimo XU March 2015, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue48, p157
- Observations concerning the practical examples and their effects of interpretation training in Chinese language education at universities
March 2011, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue 33, p86
- Proper use of second-person substitutes “你” and “您”
March 2008, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue 38, p82
- Text analysis aiming to optimize educational tools: Learning Chinese the fun way
March 2007, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue 36, p105
- Observation concerning intonations of questions added at end of sentence in Chinese: Centering on opposite type
March 2006, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue 34, p187
- Essay concerning intonation of interrogative sentences and rising intonation at end of sentence
March 2005, “Kyoto Sangyo Daigaku Ronshu” Jinbunkagaku Keiretsu Issue 33, p27
- Observations concerning the meaning and characteristics of “V 给” sentences
November 3, 2011 “Chugokugogaku,” issue 248, p153