Associate Professor Park Jin Wan
|Area and Subject Taught||History of Korean language, history of Japanese language, contrastive linguistics|
|Research Theme(s)||Korean language education history in Japan, Japanese language education history in Korea|
|Academic Degrees||Doctor (literature) of Kyoto University|
|Keywords for Research Field||History of Japanese language, history of Korean language, contrastive linguistics, “Chosen Shiryo”|
|Office Phone Number||81-75-705-1501|
“Chosen Shiryo” is categorized into three types: Korean language text books, diplomatic documents of Japan-Korea, and Japanese travelogues. I have discovered and reported on a bundle of diplomatic documents collected in Ryosokuin of Kennin-ji Temple, “Sekiindan” interpreter’s personal records about the experience in Waegwan (Japanese residence in Pusan), and “Chosengoyaku” interpreter’s Korean language text books. These all contribute to the research of the Japanese and Korean language history.
“Chosen Shiryo” consists of parallel translation in Japanese and Korean. Mainly, my analysis of these documents are conducted by analyzing the Japanese word translated in Hanguel (character sets of Korean) for learning Japanese pronunciation. By comparing the Japanese and Korean expressions, it is possible to describe the changes in grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary of Japanese and Korean in that time period. In addition, by describing the differences of Japanese and Korean language from the medieval period to modern times, it is possible to clarify the characteristics of Japanese and Korean, as well as solve problems concerning the historical changes of both languages.
Spotlighting the bidirectional linguistic influences between both languages, I demonstrate by analysis that “Chosen Shiryo” is also useful material for research on the history of Japanese and Korean literature, and the history of diplomatic relations between Japan and Korea.
Notable Publications and Works
- 朴真完「草粱館語学所『復文録』の成立過程―復文教育における原文確保の方法と関連して」『韓国語学』72, pp.85-119, 2016
- 朴真完「草粱館語学所の朝鮮語教育方式の研究—『復文録』の分析を通じて」『韓国語教育』26-2, pp.168-196, 2015
- 朴真完「苗代川本『対談秘密手鑑』の研究—薩摩藩朝鮮通事の言語学習をめぐって」『国語国文』(京都大学) 84-5, pp.97-124, 2015
- 朴真完「『三学訳語』の日本語に関する考察—引用書との関係を中心に」『京都産業大学日本文化研究所紀要』第19号, pp.508-535, 2014
- 朴真完『「朝鮮資料」による中・近世語の再現』臨川書店, 京都, pp.1-431, 2013
- 朴真完「建仁寺両足院の朝鮮通信使関連資料について」『鏡の中の自己認識—日本と韓国の歴史・文化・未来』(東郷和彦・朴勝俊編), 御茶の水書房, 東京, pp.163-184, 2012
- 朴真完「苗代川 조선어학습서의 계통 재고」 (苗代川朝鮮語学習書の系統再考)『韓国語学』54, pp.171-207, 2012
- 遠藤光暁・伊藤英人・竹越孝・鄭丞恵・更科慎一・朴真完・曲暁雲共編『訳学書文献目録』博文社, ソウル, pp.1-253, 2009
- Park, Jinwan“Hae-Haeng-Chong-Jae: As a Clue to Middle-Age and Modern Japanese” Collection of papers/selected from the CIL 18, Amsterdam/ Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company, pp.1-14, July. 2008