Associate Professor Yoshii Nishino
|Area and Subject Taught||Virology|
|Research Theme(s)||･Mechanism of disease outcome by virus infection
･Viral neurological and neurobehavioral disease
|Academic Degrees||Ph.D. (Science), Hokkaido University|
|Keywords for Research Field||Virus, Pathogenicity, Neural Disease, Zoonosis、Borna Disease Virus, TGF- β, stress|
|Office Phone Number||81-75-705-3138|
We live surrounded by a huge number of microbes.
Viruse is one of microbes that cause illness in animals and plants.
In our laboratory, we have an interest in veterinary and zoonotic viral diseases(especially neurovirology). We focus on Borna disease virus that is etiological agent of Borna disease.
Borna disease has been known from over a 100 years as a fatal neurological disease of horses and sheep.
Borna disease has recently been recognized as an emerging disease that occurs in a wide range of warm-blooded animals such as cats, dogs, birds, and even humans.
The mechanism by which an illnesses occurs has, however, still not yet been sufficiently understood.
The research that our laboratory has conducted in recent years on motor impairment and behavioral abnormalities that occur in animals infected with Borna disease virus consists of the following:
- Comparison of pathogenesis in rats and mice infected with Borna disease virus
- Contribution of gene expression of TGF- β family in the brain and viral pathogenesis
- Contribution of cellular and environmental factors to viral infection
Notable Publications and Works in the Last Three Years
- 西野佳以「ボルナ病ウイルス感染症」、感染症症候群（第２版）上 病原体別感染症編. IV.ウイルス感染症 RNAウイルス感染症. 別冊日本臨床 pp.506-509新領域別症候群シリーズ No.24. （2013.7.20）
- Murakami, M., et al., Expression of activin receptor-like kinase 7 in adipose tissues. Biochem. Genet. 51: 202-210. 2013.
- 西野佳以（共著）「動物の感染症 第3版（II. 各論 馬、13.ボルナ病ウイルス感染症 p163）」近代出版、（2011.5.10）
- 西野佳以：感染モデル動物・伴侶動物におけるボルナ病の病態．臨床獣医29: 12-15. 2011．